geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat version in G1.1 for clustering
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:54:15 GMT
Hi Matthew,

Ultimately clustering should not be based on WADI directly, but for
components that implement the session API interface.  We want to make
clustering components pluggable, so there is no hard coded clustering agent.

I am unaware of WADI's status regarding its implementation of the
session API.  Jules or Greg would need to comment on this.

We (Geronimo) will have a session clustering component that will be
offered as a part of Geronimo that will implement the session API
interface shortly. Its been a side project for a couple of weeks ;-)

Relative to the Tomcat clustering, yes this is an interim capability to
allow for clustering the web tier.  Although it will always be
available, I believe we will have a more robust solution that works
across all component in the near future.  Stay tuned ;-)

Jeff

Matthew Jording wrote:
> Jeff, Dave,
>
>    I would like to implement a Geronimo Cluster Management Web Service
> and need some additional information on the advances of WADI
> integration. The current clustering examples seem to only be concerned
> with tomcat web tier clustering and doesn't seem to use WADI to
> facilitate the management of the sessions.
>
> Thanks
> Matt
>

> Jeff Genender wrote:
>> Dave,
>>
>> Thanks for doing this.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> Dave Colasurdo wrote:
>>
>>> I've validated that the Geronimo clustering example
>>> (http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Geronimo+Clustering+Example)
>>>
>>>  still works for Geronimo 1.1 (with Tomcat 5.5.9).  The application
>>> deployment plan (attached to email) required some changes.
>>>
>>> I'm now rebuilding G1.1 with Tomcat 5.5.15 to determine if the
>>> clustering Gbeans and plans still work..
>>>
>>> -Dave-

 Perhaps I am