geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot build 1.1 on Windows - long file paths
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:22:30 GMT
Hi All,
for those struggling with Windows file naming limitation. I found deleting those file is a
royal
pain as Windows can not point directly to the files already generated.

To delete those files and directories exceeding the 254 chars you can use the old DOS command

"subst". This command will assign a drive letter to a directory, here is a example:

subst z: <geronimo_src>\assemblies\j2ee-installer\target\geronimo-1.1-SNAPSHOT\repository

This temporary workaround worked just fine on my machine with Windows XP.

Cheers!
Hernan