geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Tomcat access logs
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 02:52:17 GMT
A while back, someone had requested that the access logs for Tomcat be
turned on by default in Geronimo.  This basically involved enabling the
Tomcat AccessLogValve, and this request was granted.

Upon further review, it would seem that other application servers leave
this off by default.  In fact, Tomcat itself leaves this off by default.
 I suppose that the reason for this is most Java web implementations are
front-ended by a web server such as httpd, and the web server handles
these logs.

Should we follow suit and by default keep the access logs turned off?
This seems to make more sense.

Thoughts and opinions on this matter?

Jeff