geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Dependencies on jars in 1.1 and beyond
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 22:10:30 GMT
Why do we have to force users to version things?  I think we need to assume that perhaps not

everyone will like our model.  I'd prefer to let them choose rather than be dogmatic about

versioning.  Just because we like Maven and what it does for use doesn't mean we need to impose
it
on the user as well.

Just my 2c.

Jason Dillon wrote:
> Why do we need unversioned jars?
>
> Couldn't we just provide a command line repository tool to help users install jars into
the repository with proper names and versions?

> or if you like automate the execution of that tool, with a drop folder, where jars would
be "deployed" into the repository automatically?  Under the covers it would just use the command
line repository tool.