geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Release 1.1 Schedule and To Dos
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:21:13 GMT
First off, thanks to Dain and David for the hours of work it took to improve the config issues

discovered in 1.0.  Unfortunately, you saved the human race from certain destruction but because
you
were so adept most users probably won't notice.  So from our side thanks for the hours you
guys put
in to address this.

Looks like the majority of the server work has been completed and the server now build, starts
and
can run DayTrader.  I'd like to get 1.1 out by April 28th so we can announce it on May 1st.
 If we
can do it earlier then all the better.  Of course this all depends on several factors.

1. When do we ship the 1.1?
1. How many things do we put into 1.1?
2. How long it takes to pass CTS?
3. Who has time and energy to get 1.1 out the door?

For question 1 I propose a straw man date for freezing the branch as 23:59 PST on 4/14.  This
gives
us approximately two weeks to get bug fixes, features and other stuff into 1.1.  After that
its no
changes unless they're fixing the build.  Binaries are to be complete on 4/28 and on the apache

Server signed sealed and ready for download.  We'll announce on 5/1 that 1.1 is available.
 Please
let's coordinate announcements through the Release Manager (me :) so we don't have another

availability announcement go out with no deliverable.

To answer question number 2 I have a proposed list of content for 1.1.  This includes bug
fixes,
feature improvements, and CTS.

Next, for question number 2 there are the bug fixes, improvements, etc.  At the end of this
e-mail
are the items from JIRA currently targeted for 1.1.  I have sorted them by category (bugs,

improvements, features, etc.) and included who currently has the JIRA assigned to them.  Please
take
a few minutes and review the list. If you can get this item fixed for 1.1 then that's excellent.
 If
you can't please either move the item to a new release or unassign it from yourself so someone
else
can take it.  I'll start moving unassigned items out of 1.1.  It you feel it is a must fix
but can't
do it then speak up.

I think we need to be able to tolerate (if not flat out certify on) JDK 1.5.  This was the
number
one item users are asking for.  If we can't certify then we should at least note that RMI
isn't
supported.  I'm researching the issue related to QName and serialization between 1.4 and 1.5.

Next, we need some volunteers to coordinate the CTS activity.  I think Kevan has been working
on
this but I expect a few more volunteers would be helpful.

So, when we deliver 1.1 by May 1st we'll be on a 4 month release schedule.  Let me know your

feedback and thoughts.

*J I R A   I T E M S*

*Bugs*
*GERONIMO-1426*
Aaron Mulder
DatabasePoolPortlet gets NPE when saving

*GERONIMO-1451*
Aaron Mulder
A new TCP listener for ActiveMQ is not persisting across server startups

*GERONIMO-1503*
Aaron Mulder
keystore generated by KeyStore portlet could not be used to add either Jetty or Tomcat HTTPS
Listeners

*GERONIMO-1506*
Aaron Mulder
DB info portlet should use new GeronimoVersion

*GERONIMO-1472*
David Jencks
packaging plugin creates client cars with wrong version

*GERONIMO-1599*
David Jencks
HOWLLog throws NPE because XidFactory is missing

*GERONIMO-1475*
Donald Woods
Configs needing updated to not include Xerces files in the Repository as duplicates to lib\endorsed

*GERONIMO-1476*
Donald Woods
Changes to default log4j.rootCategory are not dynamic

*GERONIMO-1791*
Donald Woods
LDAP Security Realm created via Console can fail deployment

*GERONIMO-1759*
Paul McMahan
getConsoleFrameworkServletPath broken

*GERONIMO-1410*
Unassigned
Configuration geronimo/jetty/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car defines Spring Framework - Hibernate based Web-app
do
not work

*GERONIMO-1417*
Unassigned
[daytrader] daytrader/docs/tradeFAQ.html out of date

*GERONIMO-1423*
Unassigned
log4j.properties's category is ignored

*GERONIMO-1491*
Unassigned
ActiveMQ plan uses hardcoded obsolete org/apache/geronimo/ActiveMQ module name

*GERONIMO-1492*
Unassigned
Many "org/apache/geronimo" configIds still live in source tree

*GERONIMO-1510*
Unassigned
NPE in connector DConfigBeans if no config params present on connection definition instance

*GERONIMO-1567*
Unassigned
Plan XML files aren't included in Geronimo distributions (was included in M5 release)

*GERONIMO-1579*
Unassigned
NPE while deploying EJB as Web Service

*GERONIMO-1580*
Unassigned
Better error message for missing WSDL file for EJB web service

*GERONIMO-1581*
Unassigned
webservices.xml <wsdl-file> and <jaxrpc-mapping-file> values can't start with
/

*GERONIMO-1582*
Unassigned
NPE for EJB webservices.xml with bad <jaxrpc-mapping-file>

*GERONIMO-1583*
Unassigned
Servlet web service is created once and destroyed many times

*GERONIMO-1584*
Unassigned
Servlet web service WSDL mangling has http://host:port//path

*GERONIMO-1585*
Unassigned
Web app security on /* causes deployment exception

*GERONIMO-1596*
Unassigned
Repeated interface in JMS connection factory plan causes deployment failure

*GERONIMO-1641*
Unassigned
Using default Console Realm, when delete a user it will not be removed from the groups

*GERONIMO-1655*
Unassigned
Daytrader MDBs do not start properly

*GERONIMO-1680*
Unassigned
MDB without activation-config in openejb-jar.xml silently fails

*GERONIMO-1683*
Unassigned
Web app context-root should trim whitespace

*GERONIMO-1684*
Unassigned
server does not start if openejb-jar.xml activation-config had whitespace in values

*GERONIMO-1687*
Unassigned
NPE during deployment related to EJB Ref

*GERONIMO-1704*
Unassigned
Console security realm doesn't let you pick a JAR

*GERONIMO-1751*
Unassigned
Deployment of ear with external plan using "Deploy New" console option caused FileNotFoundException

*GERONIMO-1756*
Unassigned
Move from 1.1-dev version of commons-fileupload to version 1.1

*GERONIMO-1763*
Unassigned
default config.xml does not list Jetty AJP connector

*GERONIMO-1774*
Unassigned
baseDir NPE in org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext

*GERONIMO-1781*
Unassigned
FileSystemRepository not able to handle entry with version number which is a single digit

*GERONIMO-1782*
Unassigned
Properties File Login module fails after editing through Admin Console

*GERONIMO-1784*
Unassigned
SQL Login Modules logs "null" instead of the driver name

*GERONIMO-1787*
Unassigned
Possible to have a configuration partially installed that is not possible to undeploy

*GERONIMO-1508*
Unassigned
1.0.1 won't accept plans with 1.0 configIds in references, parents, imports, etc.

*Improvement*

*GERONIMO-1531*
Aaron Mulder
KeyStore portlet should support deletion of certificates and private keys

*GERONIMO-1778*
Aaron Mulder
Commits that shoud be merged from HEAD to 1.1

*GERONIMO-1636*
Dain Sundstrom
Support optional version number on dependencies

*GERONIMO-1689*
Dain Sundstrom
Eliminate config-store/# directory structure

*GERONIMO-1716*
Donald Woods
Add usage of SimpleEncryption to PropertiesFileLoginModule and Admin Console

*GERONIMO-1592*
Unassigned
Add NamedUPCredentialLoginModule to Console Realm Wizard

*GERONIMO-1772*
Unassigned
Application class loader should not see server classes

*GERONIMO-1586*
Unassigned
In naming schema, make uri optional in portType

*New Features*

*GERONIMO-1690*
Aaron Mulder
Additional support for Targets passed into JSR88

*GERONIMO-927*
Matt Hogstrom
Provide a statement cache for TranQL for JDBCs drivers that don't inherintly provide this

functionality.

*Wish List*

*GERONIMO-1653*
Unassigned
User friendly error message from GBeanInstance