geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: m2 conversion : configurations
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:30:02 GMT

On Apr 19, 2006, at 6:51 AM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:

>     Thanks. What criteria has been used to set the geronimo.dependency
> property in project.xml? The packaging of most configurations assumes
> the packaged configuration will be loaded on top of j2ee-system
> configuration. But the 'applications' configurations implicitly assume
> that a full server, i.e jetty/tomcat is running. Is this correct?

yes.
> If
> yes, Should we add these configurations (specified by
> deploymnetConfig)
> to the plans for documentation?
no
> Is this information stored in
> config.ser and the deployer makes sure that these are already loaded?
yes.   The secret is in the defaultEnvironment attributes of the
various builders, which add the necessary parents for each type of
j2ee artifact.  For instance the jetty builder adds jetty, connector
builder adds connector, etc etc.  You can suppress these defaults in
case you have special requirements by using the
suppressDefaultEnvironment element in environment.

In 1.0/1.2 this is not as well developed or consistent as in 1.1: the
builders have attributes defaultParentId.

thanks
david jencks