geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Cannot build 1.1 on Windows - long file paths
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 17:29:18 GMT
Please stop blaming the m2 repo structure for this problem.  The m2
repo structure only increased the path of our longest path by 36
characters.  The true problem is that David and I moved the unpacked
configurations into the repository.  We did this because of the
chunkiness of the numbered directories in the config-store
directory.  The m2 repository structure makes querying the repository
for version numbers possible and it is this querying that makes
optional version numbers possible.

I think we have two issues that both must be addressed:

1) The ears we generate in our build have very long internal paths,
154 characters.  This is just bad form, and vastly reduces the user
path head room.

2) We need to move the unpacked ears our of the repository and into a
separate flat directory structure.

I can look at the second one later today after fixing the redeploy
command.  Can someone take a look at getting our build to jar up the
classes and compiled jsps in our build.  I'll fix the generated
classes in our build.

-dain