geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Embedded LDAP Server Viewer Portlet
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:48:41 GMT
I'm very excited about introducing AJAX functionality into the admin
console so I'm glad you brought this up. I think Dojo's BSD license
makes it OK for Geronimo and IIUC Apache Myfaces is planning to use it
for their AJAX controls. We should also keep an eye on kabuki, which
is a project in the Apache incubator based on the AJAX toolkit from
zimbra.

If you are targeting the LDAP viewer for Geronimo v1.2 then version
0.3 of Dojo might work best since it is very close to release.  DWR
seems like a good candidate for your transport layer since the console
already uses it.  But Dojo provides a rich IO library on top of
XMLHTTP that may integrate more cleanly with the widget library. Maybe
there is some way to combine them to get the best of both worlds
(nothing comes to my mind).  JSON looks promising as well.

Best wishes,
Paul