geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot build 1.1 on Windows - long file paths
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 23:30:12 GMT
On 4/6/06, John Sisson <jrsisson@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think a reason why we are using expanded CARs could be so that users
> can edit web app files directly in the repository, as discussed in
> Sachin's recent "1.1 repo/configstore" thread.

Right -- I rely on this feature for editing JSPs without having to
restart the server, and for softlinking the web-inf/classes directory
to my project's target/classes directory so I can avoid redeploy
between code changes.  I would miss it if it were gone but realize of
course that the windows path problem is more important :-)

Best wishes,
Paul