geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: m2 conversion : configurations
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 13:51:03 GMT
    Thanks. What criteria has been used to set the geronimo.dependency
property in project.xml? The packaging of most configurations assumes
the packaged configuration will be loaded on top of j2ee-system
configuration. But the 'applications' configurations implicitly assume
that a full server, i.e jetty/tomcat is running. Is this correct? If
yes, Should we add these configurations (specified by deploymnetConfig)
to the plans for documentation? Is this information stored in
config.ser and the deployer makes sure that these are already loaded?

Thanks
Anita
--- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Apr 17, 2006, at 6:45 AM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:
>
> > David,
> >     Thanks! How is j2ee-system configuration started now?
>
> j2ee-system is the "root" configuration of the main geronimo server,
>
> and the config.ser file is actually in server.jar.  The Daemon
> locates it in the classpath and starts it, see line 251.

     The naming is slightly confusing. The server.jar contains
j2ee-system configuraion and not j2ee-server.