geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Questions about the packaging plugin
Date Sun, 16 Apr 2006 02:50:53 GMT
David and Jacek,
    This is from an earlier mail. I am attaching the output produced by
m2 packaging plugin for configs/j2ee-system. I am adding
commons-logging as one of the urls in the builderClassPath at the
following line of PackageBuilderShell -

  classLoader = new URLClassLoader(builderClassPath, ClassLoader
					.getSystemClassLoader());
		}
  return classLoader.loadClass(PackageBuilder.class.getName())
				.newInstance();
    The PackageBuilder code is unchanged. I know once I get past this
line, it will scream about repo etc. At this point somehow more than
one version of commons-logging is visible. The tranql and axion seem to
be using another version as indicated by

  tranql:tranql:jar:1.2.2 (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]           commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.0.3 (removed -
nearer found: 1.0.4)
[DEBUG]           axion:axion:jar:1.0-M3-dev (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]             commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.0 (removed -
nearer found: 1.0.4)
     M2 has removed the other versions. What does this remove mean? Why
is it still visible? David, Since you have been dealing with this code
recently, I thought I could ask this question now.

Thanks
Anita

> David,
>    I am encountering a strange problem probably
> because I am doing something wrong. When I add
> commons-logging to the urls used for constructing the
> classloader for PackageBuilder. I get error :

> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> [INFO]

> [INFO] null
> Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You have more than
> one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log'
> visible, which is not allowed.
>
>     If I do not add it I get this error :
>
> [INFO]

> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> [INFO]

> [INFO] org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
> [INFO]

> [INFO] Trace
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.plugin.packaging.PackageBuilder.<clinit>(PackageBuilder.java:49)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
>         at

sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java: