geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: M2-ization of console takes place - the next steps
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:06:08 GMT

--- Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com> wrote:

> The earliest we can switch to the new console src structure is when
> we
> start doing the M2 builds. And I think we should switch to the new
> src
> structure at the first opportunity we get.
>
> Except for the introduction of M2's pom.xml files in the new src dir
> structure, none of the  console's src files in the existing tree has
> been touched.  So for now the console devs need not have to keep the
> 2
> dir structures in synch. They can continue to work on the existing
> tree. When we are ready for the move, they just have to copy over all
> their files to the new src tree and delete the old ones.
>
> Cheers
> Prasad.
>
> On 4/13/06, Jacek Laskowski <jacek@laskowski.net.pl> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just applied the patch to m2-ize console
> > (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1660). It led to
> > creation of a new directory - console - with subdirectories
> > representing respective parts of it. I know it's not yet sync'ed
> with
> > the already-used directories and it's not under M1 control. I'll be
> > working on it, but wonder if there're some other things I should be
> > taking into account and what the next steps should be. The another
> > question is when the switch to use the new directory - console -
> > should take place. Any suggestions?
  Even after the merge, we will be using M1 build for a while. Hence
for this directory structure change to be accepted smoothly at the time
of merge, we will have to provide M1 build. We can do this in head
right now. The files in console are being changed in 1.1, will this new
structure create more headaches during merge?

Thanks
Anita