geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Servlet Spec 2.5
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 03:24:37 GMT
I don't understand what you are trying to do wrt copying the existing j2ee 1.4 schemas still
used in jee 5.  If you intend the j2ee-schema directory to be a replacement for the one in
trunk, then keeping all the schemas there is reasonable, and expecting class duplication between
the two nearly identical branches is to be expected.  If the new copy is intended to be an
addition to the existing one in trunk, then you can re-use the already generated classes from
j2ee-1.4 in your jee 5 work by including the trunk schema module in your project.xml dependencies
with a <xmlbeans>true</xmlbeans> property.  This will put the dependency on the
xmlbeans compiler/code generator classpath and it won't regenerate the classes.

Have I missed the point?

thanks
david jencks

Jan Bartel <janb@mortbay.com> wrote: FYI for anyone who is interested:

I've made a branch in the sandbox for servlet 2.5 integration work.
The svn url is:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/servlet-2.5

So far I have checked in the 2.5 servlet spec schema (and all of the
other JavaEE 5 schemas too) and upped the version of Jetty to 6 and
begun making changes in jetty & jetty-builder to support the new
Jetty API, and in a couple of other modules to support the changes
for the servlet 2.5 spec.

Caveat: It's early days yet so don't expect the branch to compile
just yet.

One issue that I've come across is that the javaee5 spec re-uses
the connector_1_5.xsd and j2ee_jaxrpc_mapping_1_1.xsd from j2ee 1.4.
As both of these xsds include j2ee_1_4.xsd, if all xmlbeans are
generated into the same package (ie org.apache.geronimo.xbeans.j2ee)
then most of the beans are generated twice. One solution would
be to generate the javaee5 beans into a different package eg
org.apache.geronimo.xbeans.javaee. If anybody has any thoughts
on this, then I'm all ears.

cheers
Jan