geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Questions about the packaging plugin
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:33:30 GMT
David,
   I am encountering a strange problem probably
because I am doing something wrong. When I add
commons-logging to the urls used for constructing the
classloader for PackageBuilder. I get error :
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You have more than
one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log'
visible, which is not allowed.

    If I do not add it I get this error :

[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
        at
org.apache.geronimo.plugin.packaging.PackageBuilder.<clinit>(PackageBuilder.java:49)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:
   What is this due to?

Thanks
Anita