geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Merging from 1.1 to HEAD
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2006 08:46:36 GMT
On 4/9/06, Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
> So I'm putting some stuff into 1.1, some of which is related to config
> IDs and some of which is not.
>
> My question is, for the stuff unrelated to config IDs, should I be
> merging to HEAD right away?  Or is it going to be easier if I don't
> and we merge "everything" at once later?

Hi Aaron,

I'd say do what's better for you atm. I guess it's not going to be an
easy task to merge them so the more we've got sooner the better the
merging will be.

Btw, how do you do it? What's the command to merge the branch? Can you
filter out some changes? How?

> I have also previously put some things into HEAD which I would like to
> get into 1.1.  I assume I should merge those to 1.1 soon, because I
> expect we will prepare the 1.1 release before attempting to fully
> merge 1.1 into HEAD.  Is that right?

Matt will surely know the answer, so I leave it to him ;)

>     Aaron

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski