geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: What about moving applications into its own source tree?
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 11:50:51 GMT

> Should move out to samples someplace
> drwxr-xr-x   18 hogstrom  hogstrom   612 Apr  2 16:23 magicGball
> drwxr-xr-x   14 hogstrom  hogstrom   476 Apr  2 16:23 demo
> drwxr-xr-x   12 hogstrom  hogstrom   408 Apr  2 16:23 ldap-realm-demo
> drwxr-xr-x   14 hogstrom  hogstrom   476 Apr  2 16:23 welcome

So, my take would be to create 'samples' repo with their own build
cycle (depending on the version they're aiming at) with these 4
directories. The aim of the repo would be to provide sample
applications so that newcomers can taste 'Geronimo flavour' ;) Of
course, the more maven-wise staff accompaning them the better. People
who want to contribute to Geronimo could start with these sample
applications and after having gained enough Geronimo experience from
the end-user perspective, they could be 'promoted' to more advanced
staff in Geronimo's trunk. I'm pretty sure there're some future
contributors as well as (mere) end-users who would benefit from such a
route.

I'll call for a vote if it sounds reasonable.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.org.pl