geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: [xbean] annotation based dependency injection
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 10:49:50 GMT
> I just blogged about this
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/2006/04/03.html#a557
>
> but I thought I'd mention it here...
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/XB/Annotation+based+Dependency+Injection

Thanks James for sharing it with us! I'm reading EJB 3.0 spec and...

> EJB 3 pretty much mandates a similar model;

...am wondering if I have already missed something as EJB 3.0 is
exactly about it rather than 'pretty much' that. Unless I'm mistaken,
I think you might think that the annotations might not fit EJB 3.0
yet. Is it that?

Anyway, you're right that we've got lots of IoC containers and they
*do* tend to work behind the scenes, but they fail short wrt their
annotations that polute a code. I wish I could see a pojo that's
expected to run in two or more IoC containers. The code would surely
look horribly and its maintenance would very likely result in lots of
pain, wouldn't it?

It seems that with all those IoC containers the only missing piece in
the puzzle is to lay a common ground for them, e.g. as a JSR.

> so I'm sure the XBean/OpenEJB folks will be implementing this anyway.

I'm not yet at that point in understanding what Dave B. has already
done in OpenEJB 3, but you're right it will be of high priority to
implement.

Thanks!

> James

Jacek