geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject 1.1 repo/configstore
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 13:26:20 GMT
So I just launched 1.1 and have a couple of questions...  So it looks
like the repository now hosts both configurations and runtime/user
jars.  This is really good but my concern is now that user apps are
not located in a separate location and when looking for a given
application I was overwhelmed and took me more time then it should to
find my app.  So the question is would it be possible to provide
multiple repositories and configurations would be deployed to it?
I'm not sure if this is possible or how complex it would be if it
were possible and wether these multiple repo's could be made aware of
each other.

Secondly is there an equivalent to index.properties?  If I wanted to
uninstall an app, where can I find the fully qualified artifact ID?

Second question is that in 1.0 web apps were exploded so users if
wanted could easily modify running content if they wanted.  This is
no longer and I assume this is because both webcontainer have moved
to using the configuation classloader is this assumption correct?

Thanks.

- sachin