geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: When already deployed application is hot deployed once gain , Server doesn't delete the module from hot deployed directory.
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 19:28:31 GMT
On Apr 5, 2006, at 12:20 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:

> So it looks like we need to re-evaluate the future intent of hot-
> deploy.  Should it remain a "drop, pray & test" method of
> deployment for development scenarios or should it be consider a
> full-fledged primary method of deploying final version of apps?.

I think some users will use it as their main method of deployment, so
we should try to make is as reliable as possible.

> On Apr 5, 2006, at 3:09 PM, Bruce Snyder wrote:
>
>> This is certainly an interesting idea and maybe a step toward
>> versioning of apps that are deployed in Geronimo. I like this idea a
>> lot, but I'm curious to discuss this in more detail. Based on the
>> proposed status above, how will this work when there are many copies
>> of a given app? Will the deployer subsystem need to rake all of these
>> files and then determine the version to actually deploy? I think we
>> need a richer model than that, especially when considering
>> clustering.

Now I'm confused.  I thought this was just a dump of the current
status of deployed applications in the server.  I wouldn't expect the
server to read this file, but I can see shell scripts reading it.

-dain