geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Error trying to build 1.1 from scratch.
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:47:04 GMT
On Apr 18, 2006, at 7:16 AM, John Sisson wrote:

> Joe Bohn wrote:
>> I was assuming that this error was because we were still waiting
>> on fixes for the long path issue (particularly one from David
>> Jencks). However, it looks like that was integrated on Sunday.
>>
>> Looking more closely at this error the path length of the jar
>> we're trying to remove is 275 characters.   The removal of the
>> SHAPSHOT suffixes should help ... but daytrader also has some long
>> names that contribute to the problem (daytrader-derby-jetty-
>> streamer-client).  I know it's just a band-aid .. but there any
>> chance we could shorten this (and similar) names?
>>
> Dain mentioned that he would like this shortened in his "Update on
> Long Paths" email.  Matt, do you have a suitable short name for this?

I think we should shorten the names of all nested wars, rars, ejb-
jars in the ears we are publishing.  For example, I think we should
rename for daytrader-derby-jetty-streamer-client.jar to streamer.jar,
and for geronimo-console-framework-1.1-SNAPSHOT.war in the console
ear, we should change that to framework.war.

Is this easy to do in our current build?

-dain