geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Maxim Berkultsev" <maxim.berkult...@gmail.com>
Subject VM options to run Geronimo
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 08:28:44 GMT
Hi, all!

I'm trying to make some performance evaluations of Geronimo with a help of
JMeter.

It has appeared relatively simple to get Geronimo out of work. I've tried to
load it with JMeter and a web primitive called **PingServlet2MDBQueue** from
Daytrader bundle. I've created immediate load for 10 virtual users and
unlimited number of requests. Within a minute or two Geronimo stopped
responding to any request logging to console something like
18:32:56,180 WARN [ThreadedServer] EXCEPTION
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
18:32:57,211 WARN [ThreadedServer] EXCEPTION
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Has someone used any specific VM options to run Geronimo smoothly? (As for
me I've tried starting Geronimo with Java 1.4.2 Hotspot(TM) VM with -server
option enabled).

Any advice or reference could be helpful. Thank you.
--
Best regards,
Maxim Berkultsev, Intel Middleware Products Division