geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Migrating geronimo-plugins to M2
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:01:19 GMT
We have now reached the stage where we have to migrate the plugins. In
the modules, the same code was used to build both m1 and m2 artifacts.
Unlike the modules, the code in the plugins would have to change as we
create mojos out of them. But the existing code has to be supported
until we have completely 'm2-ized'  our build.

The BIG question :
As we start migrating the plugins, where do we drop them ?

[ ] Option 1: create a new directory for m2 plugins. (eg.
geronimo/m2-plugins). Drop m2 plugins here. In the future, delete
existing geronimo/plugins and rename the m2-plugins to plugins.

[ ] Option 2: drop m2 plugins in the same directories as their m1
counterparts. The m2 code will be in a different package structure.
The m2 artifact will have a different groupid. Ensure different  jars
get built. Live with the harmless possibility of the m1 jar carrying
m2 classes and vice-versa.

[ ] Option 3: ??

Cheers
Prasad