geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restructuring top level pom.xml
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:01:43 GMT
Opened JIRA to track this work.

Problem:
If we want to set ${geronimoVersion} at the top level pom and  don't
worry about changing it for every release, we have to do a 'mvn -N'
for every pom.xml whose packaging is set to "pom". Currently that
would be like 6 pom.xmls for the 6 top level dirs.

If we want to do a top level build with 1 single 'mvn' command, then
we cannot use ${geronimoVersion} while declaring the project's and
parent's version. We will have to explicitly define the version. That
would mean changing every single pom.xml every time the release
changes.

Setting the version in -D doesn't work either.

Cheers
Prasad