geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restructuring top level pom.xml
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:36:18 GMT
Thank you David.

----- You wrote ----
This means two things:

1. there needs to be modules/pom.xml which is the parent of everything
in modules. Same goes for the other dirs, configs, assemblies, etc.
The parent pom of modules/pom.xml would be the root pom.xml (if we
want a root pom).

2. each child project must use it's artifactId as it's directory name.
So 'kernel' becomes 'geronimo-kernel', etc.

Yep, this is what I was talking about. So I guess we'll have to wait
till we are completely done with migrating to Maven2 before we do #2
above. That would be the safest thing to do given the ongoing maven 1
builds.

Cheers
Prasad