geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Restructuring top level pom.xml
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:32:24 GMT
Our top level pom.xml lists all the modules that M2 must traverse to
build them individually. We currently have around 40 modules specified
in the list. We'll soon add some more and then move on to adding 53
configs, 16 applications, 7 plugins and some 6 assemblies (give or
take a few more).

This will make our top level pom.xml a huge big list. Are we sure we
want to keep it structured this way ?

What say we have add pom.xmls in the intermediate directories like
modules, config, applications, assemblies, plugins etc. These would go
forth and build the directories under them. This would kep our top
level pom.xml easy to read. This would also mirror the tree structure
that we currently have.

Cheers
Prasad