geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: M2 migration status
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:54:49 GMT
I wonder if this a problem with maven.

I had done the same thing in this tomcat patch that I had submitted here.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12324025/tomcat-tests.patch
+    props.setProperty("user.dir", basedir);

I think somewhere in our code, we are using the "user.dir" to
construct paths and create objects.

The "user.dir" should remain set to where the jvm was forked off and
the "basedir" should be set to the module's directory. Now there might
be instances when the the 2 properties match, eg.
1) in a top down build the forkmode is set to pertest and the jvm may
be forked from inside the module
2) the module is built from inside it (not top down).

What do you think ?

Cheers
Prasad