geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 2
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:04:24 GMT
Hmm..  somewhere up in this thread, someone had mentioned that we
should do this as a bottoms-up approach where we migrate the ones
without any deps (call it base modules) first and then work up the
chain.

That will impose a sequential order on the migration effort and may
also possibly hold it up. If we are to randomly attack it, then maybe
we have to use the maven-install-plugin to install the required m1 dep
jars in m2 local repo. But atleast now, more and more modules can be
converted and the code checked in.

If we used the latter approach, then we'll have to wait till the base
modules have migrated before turning on the top down build. Currently,
the maven.xml builds only the kernel module in the m2 format anyways.

What do you think ?

Cheers
Prasad