geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevan Miller" <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: littleG (minimal-tomcat-server) status
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 21:16:10 GMT

> I just added an updated patch to Geronimo-1613
>
> After some painstaking effort, I was finally able to remove the
> uber-spec dependency from rmi-naming which should have resulted in an
> additional savings in little-G of nearly 1.2 meg.   Unfortunately, I had
> to add in some individual spec jars that were not previously included
> and which decreased the savings somewhat.
>
> The real disappointment was when I picked up the latest image yesterday
> to create the patch and noticed Kevan's change to include the CORBA spec
> in rmi-naming to work around some other problem.  This adds back in
> about 640K.  The comment indicates that this is only temporary.  How
> long will it be needed there and is somebody working to remove it?

Hi Joe,
If you've removed the uber-jar, then you should be able to remove the CORBA
spec jar (assuming you're including the CORBA spec jar at an appropriate
location...). The uber-jar currently contains bad corba spec classes. The
dependency in rmi-naming put the CORBA spec jar in the classpath in front of
the uber-jar. I also plan on fixing the uber-jar (getting the proper spec
classes in the uber-jar).

--kevan

So, after all that the latest patch only takes us from 16.4 to about