geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Graduation From Incubator
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:53:09 GMT
Hi John,

On 3/13/06, John Sisson <jrsisson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> > This is not a vote, but simply a discussion about the graduation of
> > ActiveMQ from the Incubator. The status file is located here:
> >
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/STATUS
> >
> > We are proactively seeking feedback in the interest of graduation.
> >

> > Regards,
> > Alan
> >
> In regards to the infrastructure items, IMHO JIRA is a critical service
> required by the project and should be run on ASF infrastructure.

I agree that we should work on getting our JIRA in the ASF infrastructure!
But I don' think accomplishing that task should be gate the limit's a
poddling from graduation from the incubator.  I did a quick check and it
seems even the Maven TLP's JIRA is not on Apache infrastructure. see:
http://maven.apache.org/issue-tracking.html

Some of the benefits of moving ActiveMQ's JIRA data to the ASF would be:
> * JIRA svn integration (ability to see svn changes associated with a
> JIRA issue)
> * Backups of JIRA data under ASF control
>
> Seems like now would be a good time to do this, but currently JIRA does
> not have the ability to import data for a single project from data
> exported from another JIRA instance (
> http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1604 ).

Agreed.  I would think this one of the biggest problems that the ASF
infrastructure team has with JIRA.

Regards,
Hiram

Would it be practical to follow Jeff Turner's suggestion in

--
Regards,
Hiram