geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From ian.d.stew...@jpmchase.com
Subject Re: Yet another way to build !
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 15:40:04 GMT
Anita, Alan,

Is there a reason that you can't reference the M1 repo directly in your M2
POM?

Example:

<repositroies>
      <repository>
            <id>maven1</id>
            <url>path/to/maven1/repo</url>
            <layout>legacy</layout>
      </repository>
</repositories>

HTH,
Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

                      "Alan D. Cabrera"

                      <list@toolazydogs        To:       dev@geronimo.apache.org

                      .com>                    cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: Yet another way to build !

                      03/06/2006 01:04

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      dev

anita kulshreshtha wrote, On 3/5/2006 7:40 PM:

      --- "Alan D. Cabrera" <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

            I'm not sure that I like this.  Consider this a
            technical veto.

            Let us focus our efforts on a a clean m2 build, not
            stop gap measures
            like this one listed below.

          Here is how my effort is progressing :
          I wanted to work on tomcat, I was able to build
      and test by manually copying the required jars in the
      repo.
      I could have waited for security, interceptor,
      security-builder etc... Then I started working on
      security, it needs a new version of maven and new
      version of surefire plugin which Jacek built from the
      source. The j2ee-schema is not building. I can not do
      tomcat-builder. I am going to use this to replace the
      pom.xmls that break the build. And I think that others
      can do the same.
           IIUC you are objecting to adding it to all the
      modules with missing pom.xml because it might create
      confusion about which modules need to be worked on. I
      do not understand how this makes the build unclean.
      Could you be more specific please?

Automatically copying jars from a maven 1 repo for maven 2 builds is not
the way to go.  I would work on another module rather than introduce this
nonstandard workaround into our m2 POMs.

Regards,
Alan