geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From ian.d.stew...@jpmchase.com
Subject Re: Incubations
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:50:22 GMT
I personally didn't find anything sensational about lichtner's e-mail.  I
think he raises a valid point.  If the primary goal of Apache Geronimo is
to develope a quality, open source J2EE offering as a means of advancing
the interests of the ASF (whatever those may be), as opposed to an end in
and of itself, this is something potential contributors have a right to
know.

Similiarly, if the primary criteria for graduation from incubation is
indoctrination into "The ASF Way", and not code or community maturity, this
is something that needs to be communicated.  If the reverse is the case,
this needs to be communicated as well.

Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

                      David Blevins

                      <david.blevins@vi        To:       dev@geronimo.apache.org

                      si.com>                  cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: Incubations

                      03/17/2006 01:32

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      dev

Seriously, people.  Let's refrain from sensational emails whose only
point is to make things worse.

We are all here cause we want to work together and make great
communities, software and a better ASF.

-David