geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: ActiveMQ Graduation From Incubator
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:16:13 GMT
Alan,

Others are commenting on the infrastructure issues still on the plate for
ActiveMQ.  And, yes, migrating out of JIRA is a PITA.  Jeff is proposing
that we end up running lots of JIRA instances because we have to pull in
several sets of JIRA imports from atlassian, codehaus, and elsewhere.  I
have no idea when Atlassian will support single project imports from JIRA as
it does from Bugzilla.

On the community side, we're still a bit shy of Mentors on ActiveMQ (James
is the only one, and we are looking for at least 3 per project), and the ASF
community building is only just getting started.  No PPMC, yet, for which we
need more Mentors.

There has been some concern about growth rate within the Incubator.
Requiring 3+ Mentors to help oversee projects puts a natural, but scalable,
limit on our growth.  In the meantime, we have some growing pains, because
projects are already here, and lack the resources.

	--- Noel