geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Restructuring top level pom.xml
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 23:57:26 GMT

On Mar 17, 2006, at 1:44 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

>> Really ? When I first cut my teeth with m2 working on itests, I
>> remember something like having to make the artifactid and directory
>> same. But if that is not the case, then great ! We can/should go
>> ahead
>> and create intermediate pom.xmls for the existing dir structure.
>
> They do not need to be the same.

They don't have to be the same, but maven assumes they are.  If you
deviate from that you have to do things like put a full scmUrl in
every pom because it can't be "inherited" correctly.  Without an
valid scmUrl (among other things ) you can't hook an m2 project into
Continuum.

Not a requirement, but I certainly don't want to be the one updating
scmUrls in 70 different poms each time we branch or tag :)

-David