geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using non-Sun JNDI/RMI service provider
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:23:40 GMT

On Mar 13, 2006, at 10:06 AM, Pavlenko, Andrey A wrote:

> David,
>

> Thank you for you advice.
>
> However I don't think the problem can be solved by adding a copy of
> the NamingProperties gbean to the client-system plan because the
> name of the initial context factory is hardcoded in the following
> source:
>
> modules/client/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/client/
> StaticJndiContextPlugin.java:56:        System.setProperty
> ("java.naming.factory.initial",
> "com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory");
>
> Therefore System.setProperty(…) overrides the property specified in
> the NamingProperties gbean.

Yes, I was very unclear.  I was thinking we could remove the
hardcoded properties in StaticJndiContextPlugin and instead use a
SystemProperties or NamingProperties gbean in one of the client
plans.  If you can try this please enter a Jira issue with your
results and a patch if it works :-)

Many thanks,
david jencks