geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Conrad O'Dea" <co...@iona.com>
Subject Why wrap a WebServiceContainer with a StoredObject?
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 20:58:41 GMT
Howdy,

In the AxisBuilder, when the configurePOJO method constructs an
AxisWebServiceContainer it is set as an attribute in a GBeanData
object but is also wrapped in a StoredObject:

targetGBean.setAttribute("webServiceContainer", new StoredObject
(axisWebServiceContainer));
// Hack!

It's been commented as a hack and I'm just wondering if anyone knows
why it was done like that.  This is causing me a problem as the
Celtix based WebServiceContainer that I am building contains a
reference to an active Celtix transport which does not take kindly to
being serialized.

Is the wrapping of the WebServiceContainer with a StoredObject
something that can be changed easily?

thanks
Conrad