geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: parents (imports) of configurations
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 23:06:48 GMT

On Mar 1, 2006, at 11:05 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> The chart is only showing geronimo.import(parent) relationships and
> not geronimo.dependency relationships (which would really make the
> diagram cluttered and difficult to follow).
>
> However, I checked and console-jetty doesn't include a
> geronimo.dependency on jetty either.  I believe that it isn't the
> content of the configuration itself that makes it specific to jetty
> but rather the deployment (using the jetty-deployer rather than the
> tomcat-deployer) that makes it a requirement to have both jetty and
> tomcat configurations of each application we pre-deploy.

All the deployers can, and the j2ee related deployers do, add
whatever imports are normally necessary for a module of the type they
are deploying, to the list of imports for that module. For example,
the jetty builder adds the jetty configuration, the openejb builder
adds the openejb configuration, etc etc.  Does your chart take
account of this or only what is present in the plans before they are
deployed?

thanks
david jencks