geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavlenko, Andrey A" <andrey.a.pavle...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Using non-Sun JNDI/RMI service provider
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:42:21 GMT
Ok, I'll try to create a patch.

Thank you for your assistance!

________________________________

From: David Jencks [mailto:david_jencks@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 9:24 PM
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using non-Sun JNDI/RMI service provider

On Mar 13, 2006, at 10:06 AM, Pavlenko, Andrey A wrote:

David,

Thank you for you advice.

However I don't think the problem can be solved by adding a copy of the
NamingProperties gbean to the client-system plan because the name of the
initial context factory is hardcoded in the following source:

modules/client/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/client/StaticJndiContextPlug
in.java:56:        System.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial",
"com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory");

Therefore System.setProperty(...) overrides the property specified in
the NamingProperties gbean.

Yes, I was very unclear.  I was thinking we could remove the hardcoded
properties in StaticJndiContextPlugin and instead use a SystemProperties
or NamingProperties gbean in one of the client plans.  If you can try
this please enter a Jira issue with your results and a patch if it works
:-)

Many thanks,

david jencks