geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unit test failures
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2006 18:52:13 GMT
Hi Alexei,
Thanks for the information. Are you both building <and> running tests
with JRockit? Or are you building w/ Sun and only running tests under
JRockit? Would be good to isolate the two. Good chance, however, that
it won't make any difference...

Geronimo currently has direct ties to the Sun 1.4 corba
implementation. That's the only JRE restriction that I'm aware of.
People have run Geronimo on Sun 1.5 and also on IBM's 1.4 JRE.

It seems that the tests you describe <ought> to work. There's a
reasonable chance that these are Geronimo bugs that are masked by our
current runtime. So, it would be great if you could help us uncover
the causes of these failures.

I don't know why JRockit 1.5 would be worse.

--kevan