geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Session API, was: heads up: initial contribution of a client API to session state management for OpenEJB, ServiceMix, Lingo and Tuscany
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:59:19 GMT

On 3 Mar 2006, at 14:41, Greg Wilkins wrote:

> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>>         Object value = session.getState("web:/context-" + name);
>
> Ok I get it now.
>
> Don't have a deep - hard to replicate - structure.
> Have a flat structure, but with a scoped name space!
>
> I think this approach solves a lot of issues and probably
> reduces the need for extra API.
>
> For example, perhaps we could communicate maxIdleTimes via
> naming conventions rather than API:
>
>    session.putState("session:maxIdleTimeMs",new Integer(60000));
>
> I still don't know if this approach can help with event notification,
> but I defer that until I have a quasi-working session manager against
> the API.

Agreed.

Maybe the WebSession API should have a typesafe API for things that a
servlet engine needs to do like the max idle times and the like; then
we could use the above as one implementation & if we don't like it we
could change it later without having to change the Jetty & Tomcat
integration code.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/