geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unit test failures
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 04:09:42 GMT

On Mar 20, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Alexei Zakharov wrote:

> Hi Kevan,
>
> I was lucky to build it using JRockit 1.4.2 + Maven 1.1 Beta.
> Therefore, this was a "pure JRockit" experiment.
>
> As for dependencies from Sun,  AFAIK there are a few non-CORBA
> places in code with "com.sun" hardcoded. This issue has been rised
> recently in the list. You may check "Using non-Sun JNDI/RMI service
> provider" thread for details.
>
> Ok, I will continue investigation of these failures. BTW, if you
> are interested in BEA 1.5 I attach the JRockit 1.5 failure log.
> Messages are direct JUnit messages. I was using JRockit 1.5.0-b64
> win32 + maven 1.0.2 to obtain these results.

Hi Alexei,
Thanks. Let us know what you find.

Looks like the majority of the 1.5 problems are "environmental"
something to do with the junit environment on JRockit 1.5. The
"kernel is already running this kernel name: geronimo.test" and
"runFinalizer" messages seem to imply that you're seeing collisions
between Junit tests on different components...

--kevan