geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject org.apache.geronimo.gbean.NoProxy=true
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:41:17 GMT
Forgot to mention, I added an experimental flag to 1.1 which will
turn off proxying in GBean references.  This means that the injected
reference will be the actual service instance and not a proxy to the
service.  My guess is this will break a few services that use
ProxyManager.getProxyTarget(Objcet), since the reference won't be a
proxy.  All of these uses will have be rewritten to not assume a
proxy if we want to keep use this flag.

To turn it on, you simply set the system property
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.NoProxy=true. This is property is picked up
by a static block in the AbstractGBeanReference class, so the
property will apply for the life of the kernel class loader (normally
the life of the vm).

-dain