geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Summary? was: Session API....
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 04:25:06 GMT
Sorry I've been a bit checked out lately... working on 1.1.

I think we all agree in the APIs for sessions themselves (i.e.,
everything but location), and we agree that we need an event
interface like this:

void addSessionListener(SessionListener listener);
void removeSessionListener(SessionListener listener);

public interface SessionListener extends Listener {
     void valueBound(SessionEvent event);
     void valueUnbound(SessionEvent event);
     void attributeAdded(SessionEvent event);
     void attributeRemoved(SessionEvent event);
     void attributeReplaced(SessionEvent event);
     void valueBound(SessionEvent event);
     void valueUnbound(SessionEvent event);
     void sessionCreated(SessionEvent event)
     void sessionDestroyed(SessionEvent event)
}

public class SessionEvent extends Event {
     Session getSession();
     String getName();
     String getOldValue();
     String getNewValue();
}

We still disagree on how exactly you obtain the session object for a
given session id.  I think the most important part of this
disagreement to solve first, is should we have an API to make the
redirect/proxy/move decision on a generic invocation object, or
should we have the session API know the location of the session (this
is what is does now, but this is not necessarily the final API).

Does everyone agree with this summary?  If so, I suggest we add the
agreed upon event interface above and continue our discussion about
last contentious point.

-dain