geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Dillon" <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Restructuring top level pom.xml
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 23:42:50 GMT
> Would you then move all the code inside to the same package, as in
> org.apache.geronimo.modules.kernel or
> org.apache.geronimo.applications.daytrader?

Package names do not need to relate directly to Maven groupIds.
Especially not for intermediate grouping modules, that do not directly
relate to code anyways.

I do not recommend that package names be altered at this time.  Once
maven2 conversion is finished and it is time to rethink the general
structure, it might be a good idea  to try and sync up package names.

I don't think that we ever want to have a
org.apache.geronimo.modules.kernel... but perhaps a
org.apache.geronimo.applications.daytrader.

--jason