geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Dillon" <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Incubations
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:52:47 GMT
> Similiarly, if the primary criteria for graduation from incubation is
> indoctrination into "The ASF Way", and not code or community maturity, this
> is something that needs to be communicated.  If the reverse is the case,
> this needs to be communicated as well.

See http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Minimum+Exit+Requirements

The first bits of that section state:

<snip>
Prior to escalation to the ASF, a Podling needs to show that :

 * it is a worthy and healthy project;
  * it truly fits within the ASF framework;and
 * it "gets" the Apache Way.
</snip>

Part of the way is to resolve conflict with in the community.
lichtner's comment of "should pack up its code and move somewhere
else" is IMO sensationalism and is not helpful to the Geronimo
community, or to the incoming podling communities which we are trying
to resolve how best to integrate with our own.

--jason