geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Dillon" <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Restructuring top level pom.xml
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:44:20 GMT
> Really ? When I first cut my teeth with m2 working on itests, I
> remember something like having to make the artifactid and directory
> same. But if that is not the case, then great ! We can/should go ahead
> and create intermediate pom.xmls for the existing dir structure.

They do not need to be the same.

I do think that is is probably a good idea if they are the same, just
so you know where to find the module that build some jar, but in some
cases, with really nested structures it becomes more unmanageable to
keep the directory name and the artifactId the same.

--jason