geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajiv M" <rmadasser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VM options to run Geronimo
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:33:34 GMT
Hello,
-Xmx2048m -Xms2048m - this is a very bad setting. this will induce
fragmentation of java heap, which means heap will fail to allot contiguous
memory for a large object allocation (greater than 7 MB is considered
large). This would subsequently end in an OOM.

Ideally -Xms256 and -Xmx1024 could be tried.

~rajiv

--
~~~Truth is out there.~~~