geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Phani Madgula" <phanibalaji.madg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Session replication in Geronimo clustering
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:03:32 GMT
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I have read the article and used the applications given there. I tried
this sample on Windows machines and it worked fine. But, with linux boxes
having Geronimo instances and a Windows machine hosting apache WebServer, I
am facing this new error.

As I said earlier, the fail-over is happening, when I shutdown the instance
hosting the HttpSession. But, the Session Replication is not happening. In
the log, I see related messages such as

- Not able to start cluster listener
- No members in the cluster
- not much information in mod_jk.log

And finally, when I shutdown the active cluster member, a new session is
getting created as the session replication is failed. So, contents added
earlier are lost.

I just wanted to know, what might be the cause for this problem?
What are the reasons, normally thought of, when this kind of a situation
occurs? that is, successful failover but no session replication...!

Thanks
Phani