geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Phani Madgula" <phanibalaji.madg...@gmail.com>
Subject Session replication in Geronimo clustering
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:16:40 GMT
Hi,

I have been trying to use tomcat clustering with Geronimo for a customer
application. Sometimes, I face the following problem.

I downloaded apache2.0.54 and mod_jk_1.2.15 and tested clustering. I have
three machines on a same subnet one windows and other are linux boxes. I
have also enabled IPMulticast and no firewalls between systems.

To my observation, session replication is not working. However, loadbalancer
is able to fail-over successfully.

When I shutdown the instance which is serving the HttpRequests, it will
throw an exception stating "not able to start cluster listener" and also "no
active members in the cluster"

11:09:10,572 DEBUG [WebappLoader] Stopping this Loader

11:09:10,573 ERROR [ReplicationListener] Unable to start cluster listener.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener.listen(
ReplicationListener.java(Compiled Code))

at org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener.run(
ReplicationListener.java:125)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:570)

11:09:10,573 DEBUG [StandardContext] resetContext Geronimo
:j2eeType=WebModule,name=//localhost/servlet-examples-cluster,J2EEApplication=none,J2EEServer=none
null

11:09:10,575 DEBUG [StandardContext] Stopping complete

or

11:03:07,998 INFO [DeltaManager] Manager [/servlet-examples-cluster]:
skipping state transfer. No members active in cluster group.

I have tested with both mod_jk_1.2.14 & mod_jk_1.2.15, but failed.
Any ideas on why this error comes?..

Thx
phani