geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: m2 eclipse plugin migration
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 01:01:04 GMT
Yes, I started to look into that, but the versions of the plugins in
eclipse don't follow maven convention, so for some of them I could
tweak the versions during artifact install, but for others I'm not
100% sure yet if the maven could handle the version comparisons.  I'd
have to play around with it.  But using version ranges I still have
to manually open up and look at what the versions of a distribution
are.  Plugins jars only change versions if the content in them
changes.  So an eclipse feature X version 3.0.0 could have X number
of plugins with versions 3.0.0 but one plugin could still be at
1.0.0.  It stills introducing a maintainability issue when I move up
builds frequently.  I like having the idea of restriction be defined
in the distribution URLs and not the content of the distribution.
But then again, I'm always changing my mind :) so let me start with
below just to get things building then we can see if it makes better
sense to use version ranges.

Sound good?

- sachin