geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Thoughts on renaming util module
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:07:30 GMT
On 3/23/06, Rick McGuire <rickmcg@gmail.com> wrote:
> The "random Geromino" code is all part of the original bounycastle
> import, I believe.

That's not entirely correct -- there's our utility classes for
encrypting passwords in config files and I have some
soon-to-be-committed changes adding certificate helper code like
generating a formatted fingerprint (MD5 hash).

> The code that is in this package is all of the bits from bouncycastle
> necessary to support the asn1 functions required by openejb.  Anything
> not in the asn1 subdir is just a class needed by the asn1 code, so
> perhaps a better package name would be asn1 (with some appropriate
> reorganization).

But it's also used by our keystore implementation, which is (or should
be) fundamental to any SSL networking in the web container, EJB
container, JMS, etc., etc., etc.  I am also in the process of making
the keystore logic more central to Geronimo and moving toward a
central service that will provide SSL server socket factories, and
that will all leverage this library, so between the password
encryption and that, I don't terribly fancy calling it ASN1.

Thanks,
    Aaron